- Decreases pressure points
- Breast-like density & feel
- Fills negative spaces & stops bra gaps
- Easy to customize the fit
- Easy to care for
- Covered by insurance
- Mastectomy lingerie and pocketed bras are unnecessary but can still be used.
- The prosthesis can be placed into the “pocket” of a mastectomy bra if necessary.
- Underwire is also not required.
- Avoid bras with deep cleavage or demi-cups, as they may not properly hold the prosthesis.
- If a measurement is on the cusp of sizes, choose the larger size, as overfilling the prosthesis can distort its shape.
The type and size of prosthesis required will depend upon the negative space that results from surgery and how that space needs to be filled to fit properly in the bra.
- High moisture absorption
DID YOU KNOW?
When you are finished with the breast prosthesis, alpaca, felt, and fleece are perfect for bird nests.
Alpaca is renowned for