MEASURE – BAND SIZE
The band size is needed to calculate your cup size.
- Measure in inches.
- Wrap the measuring tape around your ribcage, underneath your bust line (or breasts).
- Ensure the tape is straight and flat across your back.
- Pull the tape snuggly, and do not hold your breath when measuring.
- Even measurement – add 4 inches example: 34 + 4 = 38
- Odd measurement – add 5 inches example: 31 + 5 = 36
- For measurements over 35 inches, you may want to add only 2 if even or 3 if odd to determine band size.
- Even measurement – add 2 inches example: 36 + 2 = 38
- Odd measurement – add 3 inches example: 39 + 3 = 42
MEASURE – BREAST SIZE
Measure the breast side that has not had surgery.
Start at the centre of your chest (breast bone) and place the tape over the fullest part of the breast to the centre of your back.
Double this measurement example: 20” X 2 = 40
The difference between Band Size and Breast Size is your cup size.
Example: 40” – 38” = 2″ which is a B cup (see points below) your bra size would be 38B.
- 1″ = A cup
- 2″ = B cup
- 3″ = C cup
- 4″ = D cup
- 5″ = DD cup
- 6″ = DDD cup
MEASURE – DOUBLE MASTECTOMY:
Measure the band size as indicated.
For cup size – you can decide. Keep in mind your body shape and size and what you are most comfortable with.